FREE Parenting groups for Families & FREE Training for Parents
23rd April 2019
We are delighted to say we have a further 4 EPEC – Being a Parent – parenting groups scheduled for the summer term, 2 in the north and 2 in the south – please see flyer for details of times and venues. The group is available to any family as long as at least one of their children is aged birth to 5.
If you are still a little unfamiliar with EPEC ‘Being a Parent’ group, please read the following, so that you are more able to support families to attend the groups:
- What is EPEC? – Empowering Parents, Empowering Communities (EPEC) is an evidence-based, low-cost, strategy based, self sustaining parenting programme. It combines peer-led parenting groups with training, supervision and support provided by the Parenting Team.
- What does EPEC offer? – EPEC’s peer-led Being a Parent ( BaPs ) groups consist of eight 2 hour sessions facilitated by two EPEC certified local parent group leaders ( PGLs ) for between 8-12 parents. EPEC groups successfully integrate behaviour change with adult learning.
- Who leads EPEC courses? – EPEC groups are peer-led by local parents who successfully complete certified EPEC PGL training (60 hours over 10 weeks) and receive ongoing supervision and support.
- What do EPECgroups cover? – EPEC aims to improve child development and outcomes, parenting, family resilience and social capital. EPEC groups combine the latest developmental science and theory with well-evidenced parenting strategies and have been designed by South London and Maudsley NHS Trust, national leaders in mental health interventions and training.
- What is the added value of EPEC – EPEC is so much more than a Parenting groups. Parents who are involved with EPEC have increased confidence, resilience and become key figures in their community to support other families in their local area.
- What about Understanding Your Child? – Solihull Approach Understanding Your Child course will continue to be offered to families with children aged 6 + as part of the parenting strategy in Solihull and will continue to be facilitated by professionals.
To book onto any group, please contact the Parenting Coordinator, Lisa Baker, at:
or telephone number: 0121 301 2773