The Association for Shared Parenting (ASP)
Our aim is to promote the right of children to the love and nurture of both parents after separation or divorce, where this is safe, and to encourage and support parents in the fulfilment of that right.
ASP holds walk-in support workshops, open to members and the public, once a month at the Birmingham, Stratford-upon-Avon, Coventry and Leicester branches. Parents, family members or friends of anyone experiencing contact difficulties are encouraged to attend. These advice and support sessions are held in an informal setting, in a spirit of openness and friendliness, and everything discussed is treated with the utmost confidence. Attending these workshops can be of great benefit, as you will meet other people who have had similar experiences to your own and who can share their knowledge and experience with you.
- Offer email support
- Explain how the court system works (step by step)
- Advise you on how to prepare for a court hearing
- Help you deal with solicitors and the other parent
- Advise you on representing yourself in court should you choose to do so
- Help you to prepare for meetings with CAFCASS (Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service)
- Help you focus on the needs of your child/children
Full details of all the branches, the support workshops and how to contact ASP can be found on our website.
Please note: during the Covid-19 crisis the support workshops remain cancelled so please check the website before planning to attend. Email support continues to be available via the website.