The Multi-Sensory Team work with children who;
We work with children who have a dual sensory loss (hearing and vision) which combined affects a child’s communication, mobility (orientation) and ability to gain information. The team also supports children whose additional needs have impacted upon their development and who require a similar type of specialist support.
We do this by:
- Providing direct support to the child and their families,
- Providing support to settings and schools
- Assess, offer advice on teaching strategies, management of the child’s needs and access to the curriculum
- Advise on the specialist equipment and materials the child may require
- Assess and monitor the needs and the progress of the child
- Provide training for staff in settings and schools
- Teach specific skills
- Work closely with colleagues from health providing joint visits and assessments
- Work with colleagues in social care and the voluntary sector
- Provide specialist advice and reports
- Provide opportunities for children and families to meet
To make a referral to SISS please complete the following online form.