Communication and Learning Difficulties Team
- The Communication and Learning Difficulties Team is a team of specialist teachers. The team is a traded team and can be purchased by all Solihull primary, secondary and special schools on an annual subscription basis.
- The CLD team works with pupils with a broad range of special educational and learning needs aged 5 to 18. Activities provided by the team support a graduated response to SEND. Pupils supported by the CLD team will be receiving SEN Support in school or have a Statement of SEN or Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan.
- The CLD team have a range of skills and expertise in supporting pupils with special educational needs. These include the following;
- Literacy and/or numeracy difficulties including dyslexia and dyscalculia
- motor skills difficulties, including dyspraxia / developmental coordination disorder,
- general learning difficulties, speech and language difficulties, social communication difficulties
- Purchasing schools receive direct support from a dedicated, specialist ‘named’ teacher from the CLD team. Each term the school’s SENCO and ‘named’ CLD teacher will hold a planning meeting and agree how best to use the hours purchased.
- The CLD Team can offer a range of support including:
- Assessment, advice and support on appropriate teaching strategies and interventions . Assessment to inform a referral to the Solihull SpLD -Dyslexia Panel or for exam access arrangements
- Monitoring and advice to support pupil progress
- Direct interventions for individual pupils including modelling of interventions.
- Consultation and advice and training for SENCOs, teachers and auxiliary school staff.
To make a referral to SISS please complete the following online form.