We can offer a wide range of services to meet your organisational needs. This may be a one off service, or an agreed short or long term consultancy service.
Our overarching aim is to provide high quality, responsive health & safety services that are customer-focussed, sensible and proportionate. To meet this aim, our emphasis is on providing:
- A wide range of services that can be tailored to meet the changing health & safety needs of your organisation
- Risk-based solutions to any identified health & safety issues in accordance with the principles of ‘Sensible Risk Management’
- Practical, enabling support and best practice advice to assist your organisation to provide a safe environment
To meet these aims, we focus on two key aspects of service provision: quality and flexibility.
In terms of quality, our team of skilled health & safety professionals have significant experience working within the education and public sector. We:
- Have access to national and regional networks where best practice and emerging issues are shared and discussed, and often provide the opportunity to influence forthcoming initiatives and common concerns
- Can respond quickly should a serious incident occur and provide rapid onsite support
- Are proactive and passionate about improving health and safety
- Give constructive, sensible and pragmatic advice
In terms of flexibility, our aim is to provide a range of services that are individual and innovative, yet pragmatic and trusted. As such, our consultancy service agreement provides access to an annual number of advice and consultancy hours that can be used to provide a range of health, safety or wellbeing services or consultancy that your organisation may wish to access. This gives your organisation the flexibility to purchase the services you need in a way that works for you.
Health & safety management system audits
Designed to assess the effectiveness of existing health & safety management arrangements including:
- Current health & safety policies and procedures
- The practical arrangements in place to implement these policies and procedures
- The procedures in place for developing and implementing risk assessments (including any general risk assessments, hazardous substances, protective equipment, control of contractors and educational visits)
- The safe working practices put in place to manage any significant risks
- The accident/incident reporting and investigation process
- Any training provided
Fire risk assessments
We offer fire risk assessments to meet the requirements of the Regulatory Reform Order (Fire Safety) 2005 and to ensure all reasonable steps are being taken to reduce the risk from fire and make sure people can escape safely.
The object of this review is to assess the progress status of any previously agreed actions, carry out a visual inspection of the site and update any existing fire risk assessment documentation. An electronic copy of the final risk assessment and associated action plan will be provided.
We can provide a wide range of model health & safety policies and procedures, management check lists and supporting guidance, updated in line with new legislation, case law and good practice.
Model risk assessments covering all premises, people, activities and health related issues
Individual workstation assessments
Advice on person-specific risk assessments in order to fulfil legal responsibilities (for example health & safety, fire safety and equality act), including where necessary face to face visits.
We offer a qualified and experienced training service designed to provide a wide range of health & safety training tailored to meet the needs of your organisation. Our training includes, but is not limited to, topics such as:
- Basic health & safety awareness
- Fire awareness and fire marshal/warden training
- Computer work including the use of Display Screen Equipment (DSE)
Health & Safety Support Team
All our services are managed by professionally qualified and experienced staff and work undertaken will be subject to appropriate supervision and quality review.