Our offer to you
Our principles and approach to delivering adult social care services have been combined into a formally agreed ‘Offer’ and this is our commitment to the people of Solihull. We will:
- Support people to live a full and independent life in their home and community.
- Work closely with other organisations for example health, community and voluntary groups, to support people to achieve what is important to them.
- Work with the organisations that provide services to people to make sure they are safe, sustainable and of the right quality.
- Help people to stay safe from harm and abuse, and support them to make their own choices.
- Support people to meet their needs and outcomes in the most cost effective and proportionate way.
- Provide access to information, advice and support, for example local services, support groups, housing options or activities in the community.
- Support people to live at home by providing advice around equipment, adaptations and other gadgets.
- Make sure things are in place so people can return home from hospital safely, or arrange for them to move to a temporary care setting so they don’t need to stay in hospital longer than needed.
- Ensure there is a variety of accommodation options and services available in the community for people to access.