Access To Advice, Information And Self-Directed Support
- Solihull Connect provides information and advice about Solihull Council and Solihull Community Housing Services, via the Council’s website solihull.gov.uk by telephone, email or web chat through the Corporate Contact Centre or in person at our walk-in centres.
- The Community Advice Hub provides information, advice, guidance and support for all adults in Solihull; meeting the needs of the person, allowing them to maintain independence and remain healthy, safe and well. There are 2 Community Advice Hubs, one based in Chelmsley Wood Library and the other in Solihull Library. The Hubs enable residents to have immediate access to support and to work together with skilled and specialist staff to find solutions to their own varied and individual issues. Access to quality and timely information and advice is vital to enable individuals, families and carers to have control of and exercise choice not only in their care and support needs but any issue affecting their lives now and in the future.
- Solihull’s MyLife website http://solihull.mylifeportal.co.uk/home/ brings together information and advice to help us all live better lives. The website contains a wide range of advice, information and access to services to enable you to access the information you need when you need it. It also includes a directory of providers so that you can see what support is available and choose what is most suitable for you.
- Solihull Council is aware from the ASC Annual Survey that we need to do more to improve access to information and advice.
General Enquiries: 0121 704 6000 email@example.com Adult Social Care Enquiries: 0121 704 8007
What we have done:
- We have developed advice, information and support that is more personal to individual citizens, improving access to information online, by telephone and face to face. The Solihull MyLife website went live in July and we continue to improve and develop the site before a formal launch in Spring 2016.
- The single point of contact for all Adult Social Care telephone enquiries within our existing Solihull Connect corporate contact centre continues to develop and improve. From 1 October 2014 to 30 September 2015 we answered 328,041 calls and 66.3% were answered within 30 seconds.
- Following the pilot with Voluntary Sector partners to provide a face to face Community Information and Advice Hub in Chelmsley Wood, a second hub was opened in Solihull. The second hub has been based within the Solihull Connect service since April 2015.
What’s happening in 2016:
- Online services available via the MyLife website will be improved to enable online assessments to be completed.
- Opening of ‘The Core’. A substantial refurbishment of the Central Library and Arts Complex in Solihull will be completed and the new facility called ‘The Core’ will open in the spring. ‘The Core’ provides improved café, theatre and creative spaces and brings together a range of Community and Voluntary Sector partners with the Council’s Solihull Connect and Library and Information services.
- The Community Information and Advice Hub in Solihull will relocate into new facilities on the first floor of ‘The Core’. The Hub will be formally launched during 2016.